PSR-Parish School of Religion 2017-18 REGISTRATION ONLY FOR CATECHIST'S CHILDREN
This registration form is only for 2017-18 year Catechists to register their children for PSR. Only Catechists that have met with Elizabeth Bonutti, Director of Religious Education and have been accepted into the Catechist Ministry are to use this form.
If you have not met with Elizabeth Bonutti and been approved to be a Catechist for St. Michael's for the 2017-18 year, please click on "PSR Registration" on the left sidebar to register your children.
INTERESTED IN JOINING OUR FAITH FORMATION CATECHIST (TEACHER) TEAM?
CLICK HERE to download and print out the Catechist Application, complete and drop it off at our offices or scan and email it to:
Elizabeth Bonutti, Director of Religious Education
firstname.lastname@example.org 770-516-9699 x233
You must be a Registered Parishioner of St. Michael's.
As directed by the Archdiocese of Atlanta, sacramental preparation must be completed at your church of registration. You can click on the following link to download St. Michael's Parish Registration Form: CLICK HERE Complete and drop off the form at the Religious Education dropbox next to the office door, or scan and email it to email@example.com. Your class placement will not be completed until the form is received.
1. Download and complete St. Michael's Parish Registration form if you are not a registered parishioner. See above for the download link.
2. Registrations are filled on a "first come" basis, so register early; some classes fill quickly. Class placements will only be made after all paperwork is received: parish registration, Baptismal certificate.
3. Carefully read the "Helpful Information and Directions" section.
4. Review the Class Times/Grades chart to determine if certain grades are offered at the same time if registering more than one child; or choose different days/times. Please decide on a first and second choice (except for RCIA/C Year 2) as you will need to provide two class choices for each child.
5. Pull out your children's Baptismal, First Holy Communion, Confirmation Certificates as you will need to enter the date, church name and address, for each child that is Baptized. (See Sacrament Certificate section below) and provide us with a copy.
6. Review the VIRTUS Program: Children’s Safe Environment Training Required by the Archdiocese of Atlanta online at: http://www.archatl.com/ministries-services/safe-environment/parent-information/ You will need to either give or not give permission for your child to attend the class. (scroll down to view more information)
7. Complete the form. To submit the online registration form click on the 'Proceed to Payment" button. (If you don't click on this button, no submission is made.) Once you click on this button you will be directed to the payment page.
8. Pay the tuition online using a Credit or Debit Card or eCheck (ACH). (Scroll down to the end of the form to view tuition and other fees.) If you do not complete the payment page within 10 minutes, please wait for the confirmation email which will have your payment link. Once you click on the Payment Submission button Do NOT reenter another registration form-- use the link in the email to complete the payment.
9. You will receive an email confirming your submission and payment. Please allow 10 to 45 minutes to receive the confirmation email.
10. Please allow 2-3 weeks to receive an email with your class placement.
Please CAREFULLY read through the following information and directions so you register your children for the correct classes:
Sacramental Preparation for Confirmation:
As directed by the Archdiocese of Atlanta, the Sacrament of Confirmation is conferred in the 10th Grade after two consecutive years of preparation. Your teen needs to be at least 14 years old to enroll in Year 1.
CONFIRMATION PREP YEAR 1
+ For those teens, usually 9th grade, who ARE Baptized and have or have not received First Holy Communion please register them for Confirmation Prep Year 1 and for the Year 1 Retreat Fee.
+ For those teens, 9th or 10th grade, who are NOT Baptized, please register them for Confirmation Prep Year 1 and for the Year 1 Retreat Fee. They will attend both years of Confirmation Prep but during their second year they will also be a part of the RCIA process.
+ For those teens who are in 11th or 12th grade and DID NOT attend any Confirmation Prep classes last year: they will need to join the adult RCIA program. CLICK HERE for more information. Do not register below.
CONFIRMATION PREP YEAR 2
+ For those teens, usually 10th grade, who DID attend Confirmation Prep classes last year, please register for Confirmation Prep Year 2 and for the Year 2 Retreat.
+ If you attended Confirmation Prep Year 1 at St. MIchaels, please register for the same day as last year as it is important your teen is with the same small group both years.
|CLASS TIMES||4yr old||K||1||2||3||4||5||6||7||8||Prep Year 2||Prep Year 1&2||RCIA/C|
BAPTISMAL CERTIFICATE: A copy of the Baptismal Certificate is required:
1. in order to receive any other Sacraments
2. we are required to notify the Parish at which your child was Baptized of any Sacraments received at St. Michael's.
First Holy Communion or Confirmation Certificates: please provide a copy for our records.
If your child was Baptized and/or received First Holy Communion at St. Michael's please indicate this in the registration form when requested. No hard copy is required.
If your child was Baptized and/or received First Holy Communion at another parish:
If your child has received any Sacraments at a parish other than St. Michael's you will need to provide a hard copy of the certificates.
If you do not have a hard copy, please call the Church where your child was Baptized and ask for a copy. They can sometimes email or fax it to you or us. firstname.lastname@example.org
Catechists: you will receive the following discounted tuition rates for your children.
If both parents are catechists at St. Michael's in the same year, tuition is waived; but any additional fees are still due.
**** Please note: Additional fees for Sacramental Preparation year or retreats are not discounted.
PSR Tuition reflects discount already taken:
$30 per child/ $90 maximum per family
(regular tuition is $98/child/$255 max)
Additional fees, if applicable:
2nd grade or Sacramental Prep Year 2: $30 per child
Year 1 Confirmation Prep Retreat: $60
Year 2 Confirmation Prep Retreat: $30